Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Recycled buttons and navy blue polka dot shirt


I finished this shirt quite a while ago but then I got stuck with the buttons. I found cute vintage-looking white pearl buttons in La droguerie but unfortunately they didn't go well with the shirt's style and look. And then I didn't feel like going to look for other buttons though I knew exactly what I wanted this time: minimalist tiny dark blue men's shirt buttons. Men's shirt... Sure! Jm has a checkered shirt with the very buttons I need and the thing has lost colour after long wear so I can recycle the buttons without a minute's hesitation or regret.



The new pattern I've used is quite interesting but could still be improved.

First off, the size. It's the first time Size 36 has turned out so loose for me. Then, there's the collar.. well well.. I wanted to try a stand-up collar for a change but probably I should have rounded the edges at the front or made it just a bit narrower. And finally, the sleeves. No more puff sleeves, no matter how gorgeous they look on others.

No comments:

Post a Comment